.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 100px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }

Monday, December 15, 2014

Greetings From Bremen!

Hello from Deutschland! Oh my goodness I don't even know where to begin - the past week has been such a whirlwind. I am serving in beautiful Bremen with my trainer Sister Moffet.
President and Sister Kosak picked us up from the airport, then we spent time on paperwork and interviews and getting oriented in the city. Later in the evening, I turned a corner in the church where we were meeting and ran right into Elder Brigham Gallacher!!! We were so happy and kept accidentally calling each other Brigham and Grace. The next day, I met my trainer, Sister Moffet, and we traveled (slowly but surely as trains broke and were delayed) back to Bremen.
My district is wonderful and we're especially close with the the other two companionships of Elders that serve right here in Bremen with us. We had our ward Christmas party on Saturday and we got a lot of our investigators and Less Active members to come!
My favorite part of the week was having one of our investigators, Martin, come to church! He has been investigating the church for 4 years and has a really strong testimony of the gospel, but he has a hard time coming to church. BUT HE CAME! Sunday was his first time to church since General Conference! I have a feeling that this week is the week - we're going to help him finally accept the invitation to be baptized!
Other interesting moments here have included being hit on by very drunk Bulgarians, having one of our investigators cry so hard during Sacrament meeting that we had to leave, talking to a high Persian guy who kept calling us nuns, getting a phone call that our recently-baptized Bulgarian family all of the sudden just decided to move back to Bulgaria today, and bearing my testimony in Sacrament meeting yesterday completely auf Deutsch.
German is hard, and quite frankly a little overwhelming BUT I know that with the Lord's help, I can do it. I've already learned so much. I love all of you and I know that I'm supposed to be right here in Bremen!
Liebe Grüße, 

Schwester Hendricks

No comments:

Post a Comment