.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 100px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }

Monday, August 24, 2015

Back in Berlin (for a week)

Dear loved ones, 

This week -what a blur! Hours of travel, not enough sleep, 3 exchanges, 2 major conferences, 3 cities, and more adventures than I will be able to cram into this email with the time I have left. 

I SPENT ALMOST THE ENTIRE WEEK IN BERLIN. The drive into the city was the most strange feeling of coming home and feeling like I had never left. Driving past the Dahlem church building, walking the streets lined with huge trees, waving to our buddy at the post office, and the familiar rattle of the U-Bahn as we got off at Kleistpark station was so wonderfully familiar. The Dahlem sisters surprised us and took us to a dinner appointment with the Spasovs. Vasilka cried and hugged me for a solid 3 minutes, Albena beamed and held my hand for the majority of the night, Ivan showed me his new high score on Fifa, and Zlati took selfies on my iPad. Just like old times. They are preparing to go to the Temple to do baptisms in a few weeks. It was great  to see how spiritually self reliant they are. Plamen got the Priesthood this week. He bore his testimony in Sacrament meeting the week before. They are doing so well and I am so grateful to the Lord for taking care of them. Home really is where the heart is - and my heart is with this Bulgarian clan.

The next two days were spent in Neukölln with Sister Frenkel - an absolute gem from Frankfurt. We got along so well and learned a lot from each other. One of the highlights of that exchange was spotting an old man with the shortest booty shorts I have ever seen walking a perfectly groomed chihuahua down one of the sketchiest streets in Berlin. It took us about 5 minutes to recover from our laughing fit. 

Mission Tour and MLC were wonderful. It is always so good to see other missionaries and Elder and Sister Johnson were so great. I could feel love and goodness radiating from them as they spoke to us. 

I really would love to write more and share what I learned, but time is up. I promise to compensate next week :) I love you all and am so grateful for your support and prayers. 

Liebe Grüße, 

Sister Grace Hendricks

No comments:

Post a Comment