.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 100px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }

Monday, January 4, 2016

Right Place, Right Time

Well, gang, I've been kind of staring at my iPad for the past 5 minutes not really sure what to say. I could write to you about our New Years 5k run as a zone which turned into a service project cleaning up a park from all of the fireworks trash. I could write to you about the dozens of fallen out appointments that occasionally
turned into situations where we were in just the right place at just the right time ... to help a mom carry her stroller up the stairs, to have a great conversation about the role of prayer with some engineering students
on a bus, or to help an elderly couple move out of their 4th story apartment. I could write about Friday evening with Jannina as she told us that her testimony of Joseph Smith is slowly getting stronger and stronger as we sipped vanilla tea and read "Safety for the Soul" by the light of the colored Christmas lights still lining her window. I could write about personal study, setting New Years goals, or lessons learned in District Meeting.

But somehow my thoughts just keep getting drawn back one simple thought: Faith.

President Packer once said "Faith, to be faith, must center around something that is not known. Faith, to be faith, must go beyond that for which there is confirming evidence. Faith, to be faith, must go into the unknown. Faith, to be faith, must walk to the edge of the light, and then a few steps into the darkness. If everything has to be known, if everything has to be explained, if everything has to be certified, then there is no need for faith. Indeed, there is no room for it. …"

I somehow have the feeling that this coming year will lead me to the edge of the light - my testimony that I have spent the last year+ working so hard to expand and deepen - and I will be asked to take a few steps into the dark.

But that's a good thing. I am so grateful to know of a Father in Heaven who loves me enough to stretch me and who cares about me enough to give me opportunities to make room for faith.

I welcome in this new year with open arms and a grateful heart.

Love,
Your Sister Grace Hendricks

No comments:

Post a Comment