.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 100px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }

Monday, January 26, 2015

"The Hulk"

Well, this week has been kind of like the first part of "the Hulk" roller coaster at the Universal Studios theme park in Orlando: shot up at the speed of light and then a gut and heart wrenching drop. 

We had several appointments with Irina this week and she made a lot of progress: she gained a testimony of Joseph Smith, accepted that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God, was reading in the Book of Mormon, and was incredibly excited for her baptism. On January 19th, we got a text from her saying: 

" Dear Lovely Sisters, I am reading the Book of Mormon now from the beginning and I'm already feeling something really positive in my heart again. I prayed and thanked God from deep inside and I felt that special connection to God again. I'm feeling so happy right now and I feel there's still so much to find out for my mission and what God's plan is for me. I do feel that I'm at the right place here in Bremen right now and through praying and reading, I do get answers. That's so beautiful. Thank you that you are there for me. Have a good night! Lots of love, Irina." 

It was amazing to see her grow and to feel the gospel heal her. 

Then, after hanging out with one of her friends, Irina didn't contact us for 2 days. Then she sent us a text saying that she was happy where she was in her relationship with God  and that she didn't want to meet anymore. My heart broke. It makes no sense. It goes against every single experience that we've had with her. I don't understand how someone can see so much good change come into their life from the gospel, feel the spirit, build a testimony, and love the Book of Mormon and then let it all go. Perhaps this is a small glimpse into the pain that Christ feels when people don't take advantage of His Atonement. 

But I promise you that I am not discouraged. I am sad in a way that I have never felt before, but I am not discouraged. It's like President Kosak always says: Tenacity and Resilience. The ability to bounce back from hard things with even more passion, even more determination, and even more love. 

On the bright side, we have two new investigators. We taught one of them on Saturday and he seems really excited to learn about the gospel. His name is Musa and he is a university student from Senegal who is really bright and can speak 5 languages. He's a gem! 

ALSO IT SNOWED THIS WEEK!!! 

Moroni 9:6 --

"...notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in the tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God." 

Liebe Grüße, 

Sister Hendricks

No comments:

Post a Comment