.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 100px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }

Monday, February 23, 2015

Training time!

This week was absolutely AMAZING and I have some really big news!!! On Friday, our dinner was interrupted by a phone call from PRESIDENT KOSAK - Sister Moffet's face went bright red and then sheet white... President never ever calls unless its really serious. Sister Moffet answered and got the news that she will be a Sister Training Leader in Chemnitz! Then he asked to speak to me and said "Sister Hendricks... I trust you... As you know, there is only one sister coming into our mission this transfer. You will be training her. You will be the only Sister training in our whole mission. Her name is Sister Ballard. I trust you, Sister Hendricks. I will see you in Berlin at 9:30 on Thursday morning. Goodbye." and that was it. UHH.... I AM TRAINING! I technically won't even be done being trained until tomorrow morning! I am so excited. I'm nervous that I'm a little underqualified, but I feel so determined to do everything I can to train her to be bold, obedient, and hardworking. I know that the Lord will help us. I AM SO EXCITED!!! 

We have been able to make progress in the Bremen ward. Members are much more receptive to the missionaries and are finally starting to get excited about missionary work and participating! Truly our prayers are being answered right before our eyes. 

We got to meet with both Michaela and Irina. Michaela wants to start learning again and loves reading in the Book of Mormon and drawing strength from the examples of Enos, Alma, and Nephi. Irina actually decided to enroll in an acting school in Berlin, so I will be able to turn her over to the Tiergarten Sisters when I go to Berlin on Wednesday! Both of these meetings were very special as they were reminded of the Spirit they feel around the missionaries and as they learn about the gospel. 

On Thursday, we were on our way from a member's home to an appointment with an investigator when an old man asked us if we needed help getting somewhere. We said that we were fine, but thanked him and started just talking to him. He then saw our nametags and just LIT UP. He told us that he met the missionaries in Oldenburg 10 years ago, that he had a Book of Mormon, that he read it cover to cover, and that he knew that it was the true word of God! AHH! It was amazing! His name is Rudolph and we will be meeting in the next week or so. 

On another train, Sister Moffet and I struck up conversation with a Polish lady and by the middle of the conversation, the whole area of our train was involved in the conversation talking about their families, where they come from, and how they felt about Bremen. It was awesome! We exchanged numbers with a few of them and we will see how things turn out! 

Marcella's baptism on Saturday was beautiful. The talks were wonderful, Elder Horrocks and I performed "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul," and a lot of Marcella's nonmember friends and family were there. The Spirit was strong and we think that we will have further contact with Marcella's best friend, Kirsten. 

I was rereading a few chapters in 2 Nephi yesterday and thought a lot about two verses in Chapter 7. I was a little confused, but after studying the crossreference in Isaiah, these verses are new favorites. Isaiah 50:10-11 (2 Nephi 7:10-11) tells us:  
10 ¶Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? Let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
 11 Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

I pondered a lot about how each of us will walk in darkness. It is a part of life; it is part of Heavenly Father's plan for us to learn and grow. But if we are OBEDIENT and trust in the Lord, we will have light to help guide us through the darkness. Everyone will go through different types and times of darkness: work, family, school, health, self-confidence, testimony, feelings of inadequacy. But this light that will guide us is the same. It is our Redeemer Jesus Christ. We cannot expect to be guided safely through darkness by our own efforts. Our own meager sparks will not illuminate the path, they will not give us warmth, and they will not last. Christ's Atonement does. I have the feeling that I will spending a lot of time on my knees these next two transfers. But I have full confidence in the Savior that He will support me and my companion and guide us. 

I am grateful for the opportunity that I had to serve with Sister Moffet - she will be perfect as the Sister Training Leader in Chemnitz. I love Bremen, I love being a missionary, and I love feeling my Savior supporting me each step of the way. I know that He will continue to do so as Sister Ballard and I will learn and grow together. Thank you all for your love, support, and prayers. They mean the world.  

Liebe Grüße, 
Sister Grace Hendricks

No comments:

Post a Comment